Update from Administrator – April 1, 2021
April 1, 2021
Overall, no significant changes to our center or our visitation plans, which are based on our state’s response to the CDC and CMS guidance. Please note that over the past week, our community has seen an uptick in positive cases. We continue to monitor these numbers and urge you to wear your mask, socially distance, wash your hands frequently, and consider getting vaccinated.
While the long weekend ahead does not look to be the warmest on record, it does appear to be good for an outdoor visit 😊! Please take advantage of the weather as often as possible.
As we have in the past, updated and detailed CDC guidance is noted in the below link: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/hcp/infection-control-after-vaccination.html.
As before, when an outbreak is detected among residents or staff, all visitations must be suspended except for compassionate care visits, until at least one round of facility-wide testing is completed. Outdoor visitation is not affected by an internal outbreak on a unit, while we await the results of the initial round of testing.
We always offer visitations using our technology (iPads, tablets, calls, etc.) and when we can, window visits and outside visits. If you do not have an appointment scheduled, please contact Lisa Hirle at (413) 258-4731to schedule an appointment for an indoor or outdoor visit, window visit or virtual visit.
We continue to take all necessary precautions, including wearing personal protective equipment, additional cleaning, hand washing and sanitizing, as well as and conducting regular testing of our staff and residents.
We want to provide some reminders about our visitation policy, based on requirements set by our state’s DPH and the CDC. We do apologize, but the below is to ensure that everyone has the opportunity for visits, under the strict state and federal guidelines we must adhere to.
While we know this is not the optimal way to visit your loved one, these guidelines have been put in place with your loved ones and out staff’s best interest in mind. We continue to work with the state to ensure that we are following their guidance, but not being overly restrictive in the interpretation. Our goal is to get you back to visiting with your loved one.
To clarify: a “fully vaccinated” individual is defined as one who is two weeks post receiving a complete series of their vaccination dose(s).
- Call main phone number (reception desk) or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to set up appointment.
- Available visiting times are 10:00am, 1:00pm, 2:00pm and 6:00pm, Tuesday through Saturday.
- Residents may have up to 2 visitors at a time, and two visits per week per resident.
- Visiting can be 45 minutes long.
- Please, do not bring food or beverages to the visit, as masks must always remain on.
- Come to the building with mask on that covers your nose and mouth.
- When you arrive, please sanitize hands, fill out COVID exposure questionnaire and sign the one-time document acknowledging that you will follow the visiting guidelines.
- A nurse will take your temperature.
- Go directly the designated visiting area. Please do not stop at the nurses’ station, other offices, etc.
- Resident Room Visits may occur under the following conditions:
- If YOU are fully vaccinated, and
- Your loved one has a private room and is fully vaccinated,
- If your loved one has a roommate who is also fully vaccinated,
- If your loved one or their roommate is NOT fully vaccinated, then you will need to meet in the designated visiting area.
- All visitors and residents must wear a facemask that fully covers your nose and mouth, and it must remain in place throughout the entire visit; you must perform hand hygiene prior to approaching the visit area.
- Please maintain social distancing during the visit. ** If your loved one is fully vaccinated (two weeks post receiving BOTH of their vaccination doses), you may have close contact with your loved one. Please continue to practice social distancing with our staff and any others you may encounter. This is for indoor and outdoor visitation.
- Remember, outside visits are always (weather permitting) the easiest way to visit your loved one and are NOT affected by an outbreak in the center.
- A staff member will be on hand to answer questions, assist during the visit, and sanitize in between visits.
- Our barber and beauty salon are open for appointments.
- We have a lovely meal planned this Sunday with special activities.
- A reminder to everyone that we do have various tablet devices for your loved one to utilize to access games, various communication tools, games, news, and more. We have done some tutoring and training of the tablets so that residents are more comfortable with them.
- Some recreation programs updates:
- We continue to have small group activities throughout the day.
- Our dining room is now open.
- Clergy visits
Thank you and, as always, please stay safe and healthy!
Greg Dempsey, LNHA