Update from Administrator – March 8, 2021
March 8, 2021
It looks like we will see an early burst of spring this week. Our goal is to get everyone some fresh air and sunshine this week!
Our current COVID status is 0 staff and 0 residents.
As you well know, this week marks one year that every nursing home in our state was required to impose visitor restrictions to do our part to combat the COVID pandemic. We can’t express how much we appreciate your patience and understanding during this very long journey we have taken together.
This week also commemorates a year since our team began their journey as “healthcare heroes” in the battle against COVID; doing their part to keep our residents as safe and healthy as possible, all while showing compassion and doing their best to meet not only their physical care, but their emotional needs as well. Please join me in thanking them and recognizing them again for what they did not only during the toughest parts of the pandemic, but what they do day in and day out.
Our state continues to see a dramatic drop in COVID cases as the vaccine does its job and people in our local community do their part. Until the state and federal nursing home guidelines are revised, we continue to take all necessary precautions, including wearing personal protective equipment and conducting weekly testing of our staff and residents, to ensure the safety of our residents and staff.
Our current visitation status is: By Appointment
Remember we always offer visitations using our technology (iPads, tablets, calls, etc.) and when we can, window visits and outside visits. This is a great week for window visits!
We want to provide some reminders about our visitation policy, based on requirements set by our state’s DPH and the federal CMS and CDC. We do apologize, but the below is to ensure that everyone has the opportunity for visits, under the strict state and federal guidelines we must adhere to. We know this is not the optimal way to visit your loved one, but we these guidelines have been put in place with your loved ones and out staff’s best interest in mind.
- Call main phone number, (413) 258-4731or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to set up an appointment.
- Available visiting times are 10:00am, 1:00pm, 2:00pm and 6:00pm, Tuesday through Saturday.
- Residents may have up to 2 visitors at a time, and two visits per week per resident.
- Visiting will be 45 minutes long.
- Please, do not bring food or beverages to the visit, as masks must remain on at all times.
- Come to the building with mask on that covers your nose and mouth.
- When you arrive, please sanitize hands, fill out COVID exposure questionnaire and sign the one-time document acknowledging that you will follow the visiting guidelines.
- The nurse will take your temperature.
- You will be brought directly to designated visiting area on the lower level. Please do not stop at the nurses’ station, other offices, etc. The resident will also be brought to the area by staff.
- All visitors and residents must wear a facemask that fully covers your nose and mouth, and it must remain in place throughout the entire visit; you must perform hand hygiene prior to approaching the visit area.
- Please maintain social distancing during the visit.
- A staff member will be on hand to answer questions, assist during the visit, and sanitize in between visits.
Thank you and please stay safe and healthy!
Greg Dempsey, LNHA
Berkshire Rehabilitation & Skilled Care Center